Monday, October 1, 2007

5 years ago

It's been 5 years since I became a mother. As much as it's a special day for Colby because it's his birthday, it's a really special day for me too. All my life I had only dreamed of being a mom. Even in high school when the substitute teacher asked us what we wanted to "be" in our lives, I caught a lot of flack for saying "I want to be a mom." He said I should have higher dreams and aspirations. To me, there's nothing more fabulous as a "career" choice than being a mom! After we started trying for a baby, there were 13 months where it didn't happen. During that time, I was convicted by God that my life could still be worthwhile even if I didn't have kids. I didn't like the prospect, but I accepted that it could happen. But the Lord saw fit to make me a mom after all. I feel so blessed and truly lucky that these two little boys have been given to me for a time. Five years ago, I became a mom and my life will never be the same.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Higher aspirations than motherhood?! There is no such thing! Who could imagine a more necessary, more demanding, more valuable, more fulfilling career than being a mother? Society these days seems to have forgotten both the costs and the rewards of motherhood, and children nowadays are clearly affected by it:( I'm so glad Colby and Tyler have such a great mommy!:)

Apryl Kuhn said...

Awww, thanks for the sweet comment!