Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lifetime... for a lifetime this time

Well, this week at Weight Watchers marked a special acheivement for me- I attained Lifetime membership status. What that means is, I've reached my goal weight and maintained it for at least 6 weeks. What it *really* means is, I can go to as many Weight Watcher meetings as I want and not have to PAY anymore!


I had actually acheived Lifetime status on my first go-round with Weight Watchers, back before I had Colby. I made it back to my goal weight after I had him, and then almost back to my goal weight after I had Tyler, but then, even without a pregnancy to blame, had gotten up above 200lbs all on my own. I decided this was my *last* time to lose these pounds!


So here I am. I've lost 36.3lbs since I started in September, and I'm quite proud of me. My mindset and outlook has definitely changed, and I truly do view it as a lifetime committment to being healthy, not a lifetime-long diet.


Colby, who has been "learning" a lot about Weight Watchers since he's been going with me while school is out, was really excited about the cute little magic wand I got from my leader. His exact words were, "I'm going to go to Weight Watchers if I get fat!!!"






Here's the classic "Before" picture, where you look your absolute worst:
A couple more "befores":

And here, happily, are the ever afters:

2 comments:

Nicole Brady said...

Congrats Apryl! You look great!

Anonymous said...

I havent checked your blog in a while, so excited to hear of your accomplishment, you look great and I am very proud of you. Im liking the wand too :) Love all the Disneyland pics too, looks like you all had a great time. I will be seeing you in a day or so, love you all