Sunday, April 15, 2007

What do you think

Recently I heard someone speak about our thought life. I realized I have a lot of work to do in this area. Like the speaker said, what if, when running errands/grocery shopping/whatever, instead of having a schedule to keep and tasks to accomplish, I went in with an attitude of, "Who might be in this store that I could show kindness to?" Wouldn't that change my perspective on the slow checker who can't get the price check done? Or the elderly lady who's blocking my path to the peanut butter? Instead of getting aggravated at these folks because they're wasting my time, why don't I share a smile or a friendly conversation while I'm waiting? Wouldn't that show the world God's love more than being in a rush to get things done? How many opportunities have I missed because my thoughts were entrenched deeply into this world instead of dwelling on eternity?

No comments: