Monday, February 18, 2008

The snowglobes are here, the snowglobes are here!

Happy day, my snowglobes came today! I promised pictures, so here they are. I'll take a group photo once we get them all into a display of some sort.


This one might be my favorite. It's got the whole crew surrounding the Disney castle, complete with fireworks going off in the background. There's a blower inside the globe to keep the "snow" falling, and it plays "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Close-up detail of the lovely Belle

He's going to Disneyland!

Don't forget these guys on the back!

Snow white and her friends

She rotates as "Whistle While You Work" plays; check out Bashful hiding in the back behind the globe


I love the detail on the jewels


It's Doc, but he looks pretty Happy as well

Everybody's favorite, Dopey. I didn't realize until I watched the movie as an adult that he never speaks

I had a little trouble photographing this one because of lighting issues, but the fiber optic fairy is very cool. It plays "Toyland"

I love the interaction between these two; look at Pinnochio's gaze


The famous spaghetti scene between Lady and the Tramp. It plays "Bella Noche." Bad news, though- the lights don't light up properly, so this one's going to have to be shipped back.

Despite the name "Mickey's Nightmare," I think it's really cute. It plays (what else?) the "Mickey Mouse March"

Did I pick a favorite yet? I think this one might be it. Colby and I watched "Pete's Dragon" together recently; Elliot is so loveable! This one plays "Candle on the Water"

Our plan is to construct some sort of shelving in the art niche to display these. Hopefully we can get something strong enough to hold them all up!




2 comments:

Nicole Brady said...

You soooo need a daughter or two to girly up your house and to share those globes with! :)

tate31nym said...

I really like the Mickey one, all the itty bitty snow globes, veeerrry clever, but they are all pretty cute.