Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just a quick update

No pictures to go along with this update (shame on me, I know), but yesterday was Colby's last t-ball game and team party. He got his first trophy, of which he was *very* proud, and he kept telling us so. He has it displayed on his dresser for all to see. "I'm so proud I got this trophy. I bet I'm the best t-ball player in the whole city!" he said.

Yes, and he's humble too.

Tyler achieved a milestone today, too, by "graduating" (I use the term loosely, as we didn't have a ceremony and gowns and "Friends" by Michael W. Smith playing) from the church nursery. Today was his first day in big boy Sunday School, as we dubbed it. He had a great time. We knew he would since he's long been ready to get out of the nursery.

He came out of class with a colored picture of baby Moses in the basket and announced, "I learned about baby Jesus!!" As we tried to explain that it was Moses, we could tell he was still getting confused because he went on to ask, "Did Mary put baby Moses in the basket?" Then he proceeded to tell us that baby Moses fought all the crocodiles and killed the bad guys.

Either the Sunday School teachers are using creative license in their lessons, or a little boy I know has read too many Peter Pan and Indiana Jones stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to watch some of those Sunday School teachers you know hehe