Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm not a crafty mom

It's not that I don't like crafts. Some things people come up with are surely adorable and clever. It's just that they don't come very natural to me. Most of the time at MOPS I just let Kalani finish mine for me instead of working on it myself. So at times, especially around Christmas, I start to feel inadequate about my lack of creativity. Today at Michael's I found a cute little glitter craft that I bought for Colby & I to do together. It may not be the most complex or intricate piece of art, but we did it together and it was fun. We made a memory. :)




In other news, I promised more Christmas pictures:

















This last one is really special, even amongst many special Christmas ornaments:


It was given to us last year by our dear friends Paul and Jaime Reichman, who are ministering in Krasnoyarsk, Russia (http://paulandjaime.spaces.live.com/). They were with us last Christmas and brought us this pretty ornament which depicts one of the main buildings in their city. We made many happy Christmas memories together before they left (guys, do you remember the xtra large gingerbread man cookie with every conceivable form of icing or decoration on it?), so a special ornament to remind us of them at this time of year is very precious to us.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yay for Christmas decorations!:) You guys did great on the glitter project:D If you need some easy craft ideas I have a few. Most involve a hot glue gun though so they might work best when the boys are a little older, lol;)