Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Chicken Revelation

No, I've not had a visit from that big chicken in the sky. By "chicken revelation," I mean a revelation about the way I've been cooking chicken.

Now I don't claim to be a chef by any means, just as a disclaimer. So please don't laugh at me if you think this is silly. Well actually, go ahead, I won't hear you anyway.

The revelation is...... if you thaw the chicken before cooking it in the crockpot all day, it tastes much MUCH better! Previously, I had just thrown in the frozen chicken breasts with the other ingredients and called it a day. The meat would always come out really dry... like, need-a-drink-after-each-bite dry. I assumed it was the recipes I was using, because they all came from the same book. Last week, though, I had some chicken already thawed, so I used that instead of frozen like usual. Wow, what a difference! We tried another previously so-so recipe tonight and sure enough... much better!

Call me El Pollo Loco, but I just can't get over how much better our dinner was tonight. So that's my revelation for today. Check back soon for more gourmet dining tips.

No comments: