Monday, October 20, 2008

Kid quotes

Saturday night, we let the kids join us for about 5 minutes while we were watching Star Wars. We haven't let them watch the whole movie yet, but they love everything Star Wars, so we figured we'd let them have a little peek. One of the scenes they watched included the famous quote from Yoda: "Do or do not... there is no 'try'."

Star Wars preaches a lot of "interesting" philosophies, but this is one I wasn't expecting to hear from Tyler: "Why did Yoda say, 'Don't try?'"

___________________________

On the way home from school, we were talking about Colby's harvest party at school tomorrow and how I would be coming to help out. Colby seemed pretty excited, so it surprised me when he said, "Ok, I'll try not to have fun." Thinking I must have misheard him, I said, "You'll try NOT to have fun?" His response was, "Yeah, because last time you came, it went by really fast."
Apparently "time flies when you're having fun" works in reverse too. Or at least it's worth a try.

No comments: