Tuesday, November 18, 2008

At WalMart...

...the name-brand-dressed teen in line with his mother behind me at the checkstand reached over and helped himself to some of the lotion that was FOR SALE, not FOR SAMPLE. Subtle difference, I know.

...the checker was trying to swipe my card on her machine and instead dropped it in a little crack between the machine and it's casing. As my ice cream started melting, she contorted herself to try and get her arm in there, apologizing profusely all the while. She did eventually get it out. I hope she gets a raise. Or at least a better sense of where the card slider thing is located.

...they have an entire, very long, aisle dedicated to every sort of Christmas candy imaginable. I went down this aisle.

...I did not buy any candy from the aforementioned aisle, nor did I buy the peppermint cream oreos, though I had them in my hand two different times.

...I got annoyed at all the homeless people hanging around outside the front doors. How dare they look at me while I'm walking in. Don't they know I just want to get my groceries in peace? They shouldn't be allowed to loiter out there.

...next time, I'll buy some food for the aforementioned homeless people and be thankful I'm not sitting outside WalMart depending on the kindness of strangers.

1 comment:

Jessica & Jeremy said...

Homeless people like peppermint cream oreos too. ;)