Thursday, November 6, 2008

From the heart of a child

First, a disclaimer: there have been no preceeding lectures, discipline, or complaining on the subject at hand by the Mama in the following story. Cross my heart.

Colby, being in an especially lovey mood tonight, was spreading the love to all of us tonight. After declaring Tyler the best brother he's ever had and promising never ever to forget him, he felt like he wanted to pray and thank God for all of us one more time. Shortly after that, he said to me, "Mama, thanks for all the food, for cooking it for us. It seems like you do all the hard work... and all I do is play."

I so cherish these moments where I can see the influences of Colby's earthly and Heavenly fathers meshing together to mold him into a godly man.

Heads up, ladies... he's going to be a keeper!

No comments: