Monday, March 3, 2008

Going too far

Sorry, but this is taking things too far:

LOS ANGELES (AP) - An Eagle Rock schoolteacher doesn't want any bugs squashed in her classroom, so she's appointed a student insect monitor to take wiggling, creepy critters outside.
Melodie Conrad's be-kind-to-bugs effort is getting praise from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, which is giving her its Compassionate Teacher Award.
The Eagle Rock Elementary School & Magnet Center teacher says there's simply too much violence in society, adding, "I just wanted to be careful that they're exposed to just the opposite in this room."
It's not a matter of creating bug activists. Conrad says she is aiming to instill a sense of respect for life.
---

Anyone want to venture a guess as to where she stands on abortion? Hopefully my hunch is wrong.

PS- If PETA gives me an award for anything, ever... please put me out of my misery.

No comments: