Monday, March 17, 2008

Poor guy

I don't know why, but today is the day I decided to break Tyler of his thumb-sucking. The fact that he does it isn't what bothers me. In fact, if I'm honest, I think it's rather cute. Problem is, his mouth is already becoming oddly-shaped and he's going to have major problems with his teeth if he doesn't stop soon. I'm also afraid of speech problems, although he doesn't seem to have any yet.


So this morning I wrapped one of those really rough-type band-aids around his thumb. He asked me once all morning if I could take it off, but I just reminded him that we're trying to keep his thumb dry now. Nap time is a different story, though. It's been a real struggle for him so far, and for me as I hear him crying and calling for me to take the band-aid off.


I just hope it works. I've heard of other kids who just pick a different finger to suck, or even just suck their thumb band-aid and all. We'll just have to see how it goes. Pray for my little guy!


1 comment:

Nicole Brady said...

Hang in there Tyler; You can do it!

Hang in ther Apryl; You can do it!