Thursday, November 15, 2007

Are they for real?

I recently signed up to get these ads from Google placed on my blog. Supposedly I'll get paid when people click on them. They only send a check when you amass $100 worth of income, so maybe by the time Colby goes off to college I'll find one in my mailbox.


Clicking on my own ad would obviously be a violation of the terms of the contract with these ad people, but when I saw one touting hypoallergenic cats by "Lifestyle Pets," I had to check out the URL for myself. Please note, I didn't click on my own ad, just to be clear. :)


So I found something quite disturbing at http://www.allerca.com/index.html. They have actually genetically engineered cats so they won't trigger allergies. Apparently, these cats which were "developed using proprietary methods...patent pending" are "produced by LIFESTYLE PETS" to provide "a significant new alternative to the traditional treatment of cat allergies."
Wow. I mean, they're cute and all, but am I the only one who finds it a little creepy? Not to mention you'd have to be out of your mind to pay $6000 for a cat (that's just the starting price). I dunno, maybe there's something to it, but right now I'm filing it in my "not so sure about that" category.
Now if they could figure out a way to genetically alter dogs so they wouldn't pee in the house and chew up toys, they might be onto something!

No comments: