Monday, November 19, 2007

I did it!

I had taken this picture of a sweet little girl enjoying the "snow" falling at the Christmas tree lighting at the mall the other night. I liked the composition, but some of the other elements in the photo bothered me. A lot.

After googling around for a quick second, I came upon a video showing me how I could accomplish the affect I was going for. Of course, it always works so perfectly when somebody else is showing you how to do it, right?









Complaints to Brian for help resulted in him sitting down beside me on the couch to see what he could figure out. Lo and behold, just by the mere act of him sitting his wise self down, the method from the video all started coming together. So I guess I should say "we" did it, though it was mostly just his auora contributing to the effort.

Anyway, this is what "we" came up with. I still wish the background was something other than the facade of the mall with spotlights glaring down. A nice fluffy pine tree or Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland would have done the trick. Were I more proficient at Photoshop, maybe that could happen. But for now, it's a sweet little girl in the courtyard of the AV Mall, and I like it a whole lot. Who knows... maybe in her imagination, there's a snow-covered pine tree there after all.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

This is cute!:) Too bad she wasn't in front of the tree, huh? But it is really cute anyway! Good job!;)