Friday, November 9, 2007

Sorry, your cat had a hole in it's head

To the person or people who put the flyer on the mailbox,

I see you're looking for your cat. I think I took it to the pound. What else could I do? I took it to the vet, but they wanted $300 to fix the HOLE in it's HEAD. Yes, you read that right. Your cat had a quarter-sized, 3-inch deep hole in it's head.

Maybe I should go back a bit. You see, the cat is actually mine. I got it from the pound back in June. It stayed around our house for a few days and then disappeared. I assume this is where you came in. Strange, since it had a collar, a tag, *and* a microchip, that nobody called me. I guess you thought you might as well take the collar off and claim it as yours since it wandered into your yard. That's actually fine with me. I didn't want the cat, but it was so darn friendly, I couldn't bear to think of it being put down.

In the last few weeks, "your" cat had been visiting our yard frequently. One morning a few days ago, Tyler saw it on the block wall and wanted me to get it down to pet it, and that's when I noticed it. Yes, the hole. Don't ask me how it got there, but right in the top of the cat's head, near the ear, was a hole so deep I could see the cat's brain inside. Like I said, I tried the vet. Not going to spend $300 on this cat.

So that's when I took your cat to the pound. I'm not sure if it's still there. You may go check. It'll be the one that seems a little air-headed.

No comments: