Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A breakthrough

The past couple weeks at Weight Watchers have been slow. Last week I lost 0.9lbs and this week only 0.3lbs. Those are pretty low numbers, especially compared to Biggest Loser weigh-ins..haha

But I actually had a breakthrough today. It didn't bother me excessively that I didn't lose much. I have been concentrating lately on the *lifestyle* of being healthy, not just losing weight. I'm trying to get rid of the diet mentality where once I lose the weight, I'll be "done." Truth is, I won't ever be done. What would I be "done" with? Eating healthy foods? Controlling my portions? Using moderation in treats and snacks? Feeling good about myself?

None of those things are worth being done with. They will continue to be part of my life. Whether I lose weight quickly or slowly, or not at all, I'm more concerned with being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.

This is a long journey, and I don't claim to have arrived. In fact, I still have to come to a place where exercise is a part of my healthy lifestyle. But I'm going along for the ride, and it'll all come together sooner or later. If I end up at my goal weight sometime soon, that will be the icing on the cake. Or maybe that should be "the low fat vinagrette on the salad"? ;)

1 comment:

Nicole Brady said...

Keep up the good work, Apryl. I met with my Wellness Coach today at the gym and got a new workout routine prepared. I'm sure you'll see a blog post about it one of these days. :)