Thursday, January 10, 2008

Get thee behind me, Satan!




It's fundraiser time. Not just any fundraiser... See's Candy Bar fundraiser! Never mind the fact that this is the third fundraiser of the school year already, and that we've already had a See's *candy* fundraiser. I think these people are trying to sabatoge me.

On the Weight Watchers flex plan, you get a certain number of points each day to guide you on how much you should be eating. I, for example, get 25 points each day. A bowl of cereal and a large glass of milk runs me 6 points for breakfast. Dinner, I try and keep around 10 points. I say that to give you a reference point for the points on a See's Candy Bar. Seven. Yes, s-e-v-e-n. Roughly a quarter of my points for the whole day. See, this is why I love weight watchers. The points put everything in perspective for me. Sure, I could enjoy the milk chocolate and almond-y goodness if I wanted, but is it worth it?

Some things are worth it. My favorite meal at Red Robin is 16 points. Worth it. Milk chocolate and almond candy bars when I don't really care that much about almonds? Not worth it. They're sitting in the box out in the laundry room, basically as close to the door as possible without being outside.

Now, if we had the ones with the toffee pieces, I might be singing a different tune. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yay for will power! You're stronger than me;)