Sunday, September 14, 2008

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!


He's Three!
Today we celebrated Tyler's birthday... "Wall-E-ana Jones" style. Read on, you'll see.


So yesterday you read my post about birthday themes being the topic of discussion for the past several months, right? Well, fairly recently we came upon the idea for a Wall-E birthday. All of us being the Wall-E lovers we are, Tyler immediately decided that he would have a Wall-E birthday. As luck would have it, Wilton makes a Wall-E pan, so I was all set. Here's the cake I made:




Tyler is a big fan of Eve (or Eeeevah, as he affectionately calls her), so I made a chocolate Eve to include in the festivities.




And here are my three guys, looking stunning in their Wall-E masks. They're all the rage this Fall.



Now here's where the story takes a little turn. In the meantime between deciding on a Wall-E party and the actual party, a particular fondness for Indiana Jones started to devleop. So much so that both boys run around the house swinging old shoelaces for whips and wearing straw hats instead of fedoras. So Grandma and Papa decided that Tyler ought to have some "real" Indiana Jones attire. It's safe to say, the costume and whip were the stars of the birthday present parade.



The whip in action. It actually makes a cracking sound and plays the Indiana Jones theme when you whip it.



On with the party! Outside, Tyler wasn't too sure of the pinata until he saw that candy fell out of it.


Ready for cake!




Huff and puff and BLOW that last candle out!



I would never have given him this large a piece of cake, but he really really wanted Wall-E's eyes. I gave in... you're only 3 once, right?




He was serious about wanting the eyes... and only the eyes...






I mean, really serious...





And I think that about brings us to the end of our fabulous party. Happy Birthday, Mr. Tyler!

1 comment:

tate31nym said...

my eyes my eyes!!


haha, very cute! glad you all had fun and he had a happy wallE-ana jones day!