Monday, September 15, 2008

In Review

I just spent about 30 minutes or so reading all of my old posts in this blog. Often I've thought to myself, "what's the point? Nobody's reading what I write anyway." But I just realized that I've captured some neat memories and occasions and even just some funny times over the past 18 months or so.

Maybe I don't have a lot of readers, but you know what? It's a mini-journal of the life of our family, and that makes it worthwhile after all.

PS- Remember my jump rope post? Yeah, haven't picked up the jump rope since. Glad I didn't pay much for it.

And I'm happy to update the March Forth entry. As of last Friday, we had totally paid off our debt... all $12,000. Even more importantly, we haven't accumulated any further debt, and we feel like we have a much better handle on our finances. Now we have some budget decisions to make, since we no longer have to send off large sums of money to the credit card company each month. We're praying for wisdom and self-control.

Oh, and I still never finished reading Heaven. I got much further than I ever have before, though!!! Anybody need a Christmas present idea for me?

2 comments:

Nicole Brady said...

Good for you for paying off that debt! Way back when hubby and I were just starting our life together, we got Microsoft Money and set up an account called "Cash" in addition to the normal accounts. We literally made ourselves account for all the cash in our pockets. $1 here for the vending machine, $5 there for a quick McDs run, etc. It all added up and it really put things into perspective. Learning some discipline (like you are doing now) has given us the opportunity to stay home with the kids without worrying about surmounting debt.

Kudos, Apryl, for yet another successful challenge. BTW, you're looking extremely thin in your 'brick' picture! And you can't stop the blog because some of us DO look forward to it. :)

PS - Did you hear that one of my former coworkers is back in your area?!

Anonymous said...

Well, just to let you know, I look at your blog all the time. I love it!!!! Keeps me in tune to whats going on down there with you all and I get to see the boys :) Jessica also reads it and loves your posts. Great being out of debt isnt it??? I suggest putting all that money you are not sending off into a savings account and watch it grow :) When someone is need or you need help for yourselves, it will be there. Love you guys, please keep the blog going ;0