Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Yes, the road makes music

I had no idea what my friend was talking about when she asked if I had driven on the musical road near my house. I was thinking that someone had brought out some speakers and was playing music by the road... I dunno. She said it was something about bumps in the road that make a song when you go 50mph. Ooook....

So today I decided to drive by after we picked Colby up from school and check it out. They had a sign up saying it was the "Honda Civic Musical Road." The sign even sported the City of Lancaster logo; very official. It was nothing like I was expecting. We got up to speed and then I saw big x's across the westbound lane. Sure enough, the road is quite musical! I didn't recognize the song, but it sounded like a horn was playing a tune as we drove by. Very clever.

Some of the comments on YouTube indicate that the road will only be like that for 2 weeks since people are complaining about the noise, but who knows. If you're local, you should go try it out, though! Even better- take your friends out for a drive and don't tell them about the road. And then act like you didn't hear anything.


No comments: